View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2016, 06:31 (Ref:3635327)   #10274
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Let me remind everyone that in the real world there are certain tolerances that defines what is stiff and flexible, because in reality no wing will be 100% stiff. There are numerous small wings and ducts on the cars, I's hard to believe that every small detail is checked for stiffness or changing angle under wind load. For instance the whole car sits on a suspension and the whole car may represent one giant movable wing, you just need some form of smart suspension. I wonder why FRIC and Audi are so often used together, something you don't hear much about from other two.

No one gives a damn about the rules themselves it was always about how certain things are checked. No matter how you put it Audi simply miscalculated ride height or had last minute suspension idea, that wasn't thoroughly tested in all conditions.

As for the diesel gate scandal, problem is only in US, where EPA strictly states no defeat devices and the defeat device was really not that hard to prove - it's a black and white thing. EURO test standard is not that strict and I wonder if VW is doing a recall just to keep their good name or would it actually mean a lawsuit if they didn't do anything.

Just found some article to support my thinking:
"By varying the size of the cylinders and the valving, it's possible not just to control dive and squat, but also to drop the rear ride height at speed. This effectively reduces the rear-wing angle for less drag on the straights."
http://wap.hupu.com/bbs/9399788.html

Last edited by GasperG; 21 Apr 2016 at 06:52.