View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2007, 13:34 (Ref:1926254)   #34
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
I am on top of it dj, I just need people to comment on why they don't buy greener cars, this is to finish my MA, my 1st degree final project I designed a big 5 litre sports prototype which was 0% green, this is to get me a job not a penis extension! Been there done that, that didn't get me very far!
ill give you a LONG list of reason's why i wont buy a green car and the pluses of a green car

pro's

1.) it shut's greenpeace and the tree huggers up
2.) you dont pay as much car tax, this will be negated when road pricing comes in, so this isnt really a pro for long.

con's

1.) they cost a ridiculous amount of money to buy ( no way in hell will i pay £20,000 for a prius!!!)
2.) they are god awfully ugly
3.) they are absolutely terrible to drive
4.) what do you do with the electric motor's when they run out?
5.) what do you do when you cant get ethanol because of a bad harvest or drought of crops?
6.) why am i going to trail electrical cables to my garage every night or to my car on the street
7.) most of them arent that fuel efficient, buy a diesel instead if you want good fuel effciency
8.) they are horrificaly slow, by that i mean my peugeot 106 with its lawmower 1.1 engine is faster
9.) for £20,000 i can buy something a damn sight better and a damn sight nicer in every single way than a prius or lexus which cost's about £35,000
10.) green does now look good on anything but a aston martin vantage or certain classic car's, it doesnt look nice on your BMW M3 or audi RS4