View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2007, 23:04 (Ref:1903061)   #64
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljboys
I'll second all of this. It was definitely a good day out!
1- Entry fee was a fair price for an international race

2- Alot of time had obviously been spent on the raceday program- it was a SENSIBLE price compared to alot of programs I've subsequently regretted buying in the past. its good to see a program with this amount of well written info and not page after page of glossy adverts for expensive watches or similar products with just a few smatterings of content related to the event!

3- Interesting support races

4- And of course the home team interest with everyone cheering on Team GB in a good atmosphere.

This racing fan went home happy! If its like this next year I'll definitely be going again.
I totally agree. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was pleasantly surprised by the price of the programme.

It was very interesting watching the different styles. Different lines, different turn in points, throttle usage etc. The support for Kerr was electric and even I who has quite a quiet disposition was getting vocal. He was unlucky at the start of the feature race. You could see how hard he was trying through Paddock Hill Bend. The antics after the end of the race was also a bit of fun.

The battle for the lead in the Ginetta race was just superb. It was just a shame that it ended in contact and a red flag.

It was my first trip to Brands. I don't know why since I've been to Silverstone, Thruxton, Castle Combe, Rockingham to name but a few countless times but never Brands. I was totally sold, not just the event but the venue itself. Not only will I definitely be back for next year's event, but theres a whole summer ahead to make another trip!

Last edited by Spudgun; 29 Apr 2007 at 23:08.