View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3160023)   #3828
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
Well the way I wrote the comment wasn't the best, for sure. But I still think that they had the same idea but didn't use it. Can't find the interview of Jüttner where he explained the situation.
There were two interview with Jüttner in which he commented on the Toyota rear wing.
Quote:
We will not invest in something like that for the last two or three races of the year. You will not see it from us and honestly, I believe that next year, you won't see it at all anymore.

They will change the rules in a way as they did from 2009 to 2010, when in 2009 the R15 was declared legal. It was protested by Peugeot but the protest was dismissed. But over the winter, the ACO changed the rules so that the R15 from 2009 would not be legal anymore, so we had to do a major change to the R15 plus.

With Toyota's wing, I'm pretty sure it will be the same because this is not what the ACO/FIA wants. Toyota obviously found a clever loophole, as did we with the R15, and that's what the game is all about.
source: http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-ralf-juttner/

Quote:
We will not be on the grid tomorrow with a second end plate, and I doubt that we will have that in Brazil or during this year. Yes it is a very clever interpretation, we all find solutions that people ask, ‘how the hell can this be?’. Think about the R15 – it was a very similar thing, it was just clever. Probably during the rest of the year, you will see the first copies but I guess the FIA and ACO will do something, I don’t think it will be the standard rear end of a sportscar for 2013 or ’14. They found a hole and made proper use of it, which is fine. That is what they were supposed to do, and we do the same.
source: http://lendurance.co.uk/2012/08/wec-...sh-and-rumsey/