View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2011, 07:49 (Ref:2928840)   #315
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Goat Boy - you're entitled to disagree, as am I.

New Zealand was a prosperous country in the 60's and there was far less competition for the entertainment dollar. New Zealand has all sorts of money woes at the moment and there are no quick-and-easy solutions either. And I don't think you can compare Rugby with motorsport in NZ, they are just on different levels.

The scale of motorsport in Oz, the money that circulates around it and the sheer numbers applying to just about everything else associated with it gives them a huge advantage.

I like your enthusiasm but she's a hard road!
Ah, but she's a hard road finding the perfect woman, boy, but worth it they say

Hey, another idea, how about using something like Grabone, or Groupy or Treatme, and do half price entry to these V8 events? They have very big databases now so that's sure to get bums on seats. So many people never even know when the show rolls into town, and yet it could be such a big thing! Like the A1GP was in Taupo first year, that was such a great event, the whole town got involved. Pity about the subsequent years though...

I know it's a bigger ask in Auckland but at least with Hampton Downs you get the Hamiltron crowd as well.