View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2928859)   #316
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Discounting ticket prices isn't the answer in my opinion. If the ST's are putting on a quality show then people will be prepared to pay a reasonable entry price. Last I heard was that they were thinking of a $30 weekend pass which seems ridiculously low & on a par with the previous Tier 1 meetings. Even with these previous rounds the drivers were managing to obtain and sell on weekend entry passes for as little as $15.

Makes it fairly difficult for the circuit owners to use income from the gate takings to invest in new infrastructure and upgrading facilities.

Personally I'm not all that impressed with the underhandedness (is that a word?) that has gone on with the creation of this ST class but if what I hear is correct that one of their meetings next year (October) will be an endurance race featuring big name international drivers (Dixon, Franchitti, Whincup... etc) then that can only be a good thing for motorsport in NZ.

I just hope they don't f... I mean screw it up by cutting the bones out of ticket pricing, or in any other way for that matter. Hopefully now that it's here (well, almost) it will be rolled out in a professional manner.