View Single Post
Old 12 May 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2200296)   #54
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1 is all about close racing and overtaking. So what makes anyone think a 2004 F1 car is going to help that? For years they've been complaining you can't overtake or follow another F1 car closely, so why ruin whats been a great formula so far? I've followed A1 religiously since it started and love the fact its something different in single seaters, unlike the dullard cars that are F3, F3 euro, F3 asia, Gp2, formula renault, formula bmw and every other single seater out there. They were unique, both in sound and looks and what made it appeal to me in the first place. That, that "thing" they've released just melts in with all the other formula, of which F1 is king and A1 will melt behind.

And does anyone honestly think Ferrari will put as much if not more effort in to their A1 cars as they do F1? By taking a 4 yr old car as a basis lacks enthusiasm and imagination, and the engine guys are only building their own 'cos the F1 engine guys now have sod all to do thanks to the engine freeze in F1. I'll be ecstatic to be proven wrong, but i'm not holdihng my breath...