Thread: BTCC 2010 rumour mill
View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2658519)   #1256
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Summary:

At the moment from, from those that appeared on 09, we've lost Giovanardi, Turkington, Jonny Adam, James Nash, Martyn Bell, Adam Jones, Dan Eaves, Alan Morrison, Jonny Herbert, James Thompson and Stephen Jelley.

But we've gained Alex MacDowell, Steven Kane (again), Lea Wood, Martin Depper, Arthur Forster, Shaun Hollamby, Tom Boardman (again), Andy Neate, and whoever turns up in the Triple 8 Vauxhalls (I'm expecting a BTCC rookie, and someone with BTCC experience), and probably a couple more cars to come out (I'm thinking RML running a Lacetti if they have one left).

Despite the changes, I agree with Alan Gow's comments, and I'm really looking forwards to this year.

“Just to remind people of a few facts: our trackside crowds are often bigger than many Premiership football games; we are watched by many millions on TV, in both the UK and right around the world, thanks to our truly terrific broadcast partner ITV; we enjoy the tremendous support of a hugely passionate title sponsor in Dunlop; plus, the free admission for children and unrivalled interaction between the public and the stars all make the BTCC a unique sporting attraction.

“The BTCC remains way ahead of all other motor racing series in Britain in terms of public profile, variety, action, competitive rivalry, unpredictability, popularity and levels of professionalism… and our entry list again underlines its stature. In fact, many other international series look at our championship with real envy. I look forward to what promises to be another phenomenal season in the BTCC’s illustrious history.”