Old 1 Mar 2024, 18:26 (Ref:4199187)   #46
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yeah, looks like 20 cars but I struggle to see any chance for more. There are 16 cars confirmed as of today, let's say there are 2 McLarens and 2 Ferraris (although neither is officially confirmed) and that gives us 20 cars. ADAC said something about 24 but I can't see this happening.

As for Schubert and three cars, if I'm not mistaken it was back in the Berger/ITR era when they thought of allowing only 2/4-car teams not in the ADAC era. But might be mistaken! Anyway, a chance to have three factory BMWs with great drivers behind the wheel is better than two especially as there's no chance for four so ADAC must've consented to that.

Meanwhile, Luca Engstler confirmed as the second Grasser driver. Hope to see him step up his performance this year.

If BMW Motorsport had some spare money, they should give 4th seat to Bruno Spengler. Maybe highest amount of fans, and he knows how to drive the GT3 already.

I think Luca Engstler can do more than we saw last season...the team was struggling with the car (old ABT-car), and also Attempto/Tresor don't had good results with the R8. Only ABT could get real good results. Maybe they had best resources or more support.

I think, last season showed, that you need best resources in every aspect to achieve good results. Many temas realized, that maybe GT-Master/GTWC/GT-Open is a better place for them. Where they also can earn money with racing, not only spending. But i understand, that you want to showcase your abilities.