View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2007, 14:36 (Ref:1977298)   #79
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enlighten us drabble racing on your spa tunnel experience! I know JFW had an unfortunate experience in there a few years back.

One year they wouldnt let my dad and me through in the road car with all the tools etc in it, as the paddock marshal thought it would take up too much space in the paddock. They still wouldnt let us in even after an attempt was made to have a genial discussion about it, with us advising them that the majority in our race were there with transporters and that our road car was our transporter/support vehicle etc. The bloke then stood in front of our car and started waving others past, so my dad just set off and the marshal had to quickly jump out of the way.

He then jumped on his scooter and followed us to the pit garage and grabbed my dad by the throat and tried to get him to move the car. The debate was finally ended when I fired up the race car which was unsilenced and about 3 yards from where he was standing. The chap couldnt hear himself speak and walked off. To his credit he came and appologised later in the day. It was almost a sport itself trying to get a car in the paddock although we havent been since 02 so not sure if its still the same.