Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:21 (Ref:3091212)   #1515
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
get over yourself. has it finally dawned on you that cars are being built? maybe the NZV8 guys arn't prepared to jump up and down and spout off UNTIL the car is properly tested?
at least Inky has the sense to give the car(s) a decent shakedown to see if there are any issues that need to be addressed before the season starts.

Remember NZST chose not to test the car in similar circumstances , when they had every opportunity to do so, and look at the problems they had.

whoop de-doo, the NZST is gonna bust out better lap times. It was always designed to be quicker than NZV8 (and possibly V8SC) because with all the fanfare, it had to be bigger, better ,faster more.

still many months away from season start, so why is it imperative that the NZV8 teams announce their intentions so early, takes away any element of surprise, dosn't it ??
Yes Joe, it has dawned on me that the cars are being built, albeit very slowly, and you have to agree that there has to be some level of testing for all three cars that are supposed to be lining up on the grid (that includes parity testing)

Element of surprise you say....not so sure on that Joe, if they had something to 'surprise' us with you would have thought that it would be all over their website etc etc. The surprise that is more than likely will be a field of unknown drivers.

Although i must applaud the NZv8's for looking at standing starts, hope it works for them. The rolling starts inthe ST series are not the best, but i have grown to quite like them (but would rather see standing starts in the ST's)

With regards to laptimes Joe, i remember when the FG01 was being tested with the old running gear they were harping on about how close it was to the SuperTourer lap times, even with the old gear. So to fall on your sword as such and say that these new cars wont be up to the speed of the ST doesn't really make it 'premier' does it (in the eyes of the fans that is, not in the eyes of the sausage fest that is running the show).

If we put all of this to one side, it does look like we will have two V8 series in NZ, and a lot of you have said that this will be a bad thing, so i'll guess we'll see in due course which one has it right, and which one doesn't