View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3387956)   #55
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I still see this as a natural progression of this rule. Simple rule, becoming more complicated to mitigate these issues.

Evolution of weight rule through the ages.
No rule.
Maximum weight of car (!)
Minimum weight of car.
Minimum weight of car + driver.
and maybe next:
Minimum weight of car and a minimum weight of driver/ballast/position of ballast.

It hasn't changed because people have stood in the weigh . Unanimous agreement and all that. Now the FIA could claim it is a safety matter and railroad it through.

Whatever, the solution needs to be a more complex rule. Exactly how? There are some good posts suggestions above. The posts that concentrated on the situation rather than those that concentrate on how the sport or governance is rubbish.
I know we all like to slag others off, but frankly it bores a me, I'm more interested in understanding what we should change, maybe how we got here, rather than who's fault that is. Concentrating on who's fault it is, and who benefits, may well be why there has been no progress.