Old 20 Nov 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1159034)   #17
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BOOSTER
i just don t see how danny watts and adam carrol and robbie kerr are doing it hard and don t have the money to go racing, they may give the impression that they don t by saying in the media that they don t have the money. But they seem to turn up to every race meeting of the year in british f3 not a cheap catergory and all the years that danny did in formula palmer audi, and then three years in formula renault, two of those with fortech and now two years in formula three. I know people who can drive real good but it s a struggle to go the local hire kart track just once in a month now that is struggling. These blokes would give limbs to drive a formula three car, but i don t see them bagging the blokes that do have the money and are doing a good job. I seem to remember a driver that apprantely had no money, who had it made being a renault devolpment driver but because he upset them doing something they did nt approve of he lost the deal. I don t see Green, Conway,Hamilton doing any of these things, there getting the job done and doing very well and they have the money. This subject is absolute **** and should never have to be brought up, this is motorsport everything cost money no matter what if the driver is not paying for it then someone else will be. sorry but thats the way it is GET OVER IT.
Well firstly, do they not teach you about paragraphs over in Aus Booster?

Yes guys like Kerr, Carroll, Watts etc might be able to turn up at every British F3 round but paying for an F3 ride is one thing, paying for a drive in GP2, World Series etc is a different matter as it costs twice as much! If your struggling to fund a British campaign then your certainly going to be struggling funding a category that's costing you twice as much!

The RDD Scheme is probably the most over hyped scheme I've ever heard of! Yes it does pay for drivers to be on the grid but apart from that just how many have progressed on? Montagny didn't even get a look in for the last 3 races despite dominating the world series in 2003 and having tested for Renault all year. Bourdais was shipped off to the US, Kovalainen hasn't even had a mention for an F1 ride and drivers such as Di Grassi etc will have their rides funded up to World Series level before they'll reach the Renault dead end as well!

I'm not a big fan of this A1 GP series but if it gives the underfunded drivers like Kerr, Carroll etc the chance to show their skills on a much more international stage and have their talents recognised by the right people then that can only be a good thing.

I'm not saying Green, Conway etc are any less talented or don't deserve a chance. Anyone that reads my posts will note a rate this drivers in the highest regard its just these guys will have their chances further up the ladder as the fundings there.