Thread: 2013 Cup Bodies
View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3017991)   #33
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, I'm sure NASCAR would be flexible, just pointing out that they would have to change the rules for some manufacturers that either don't market a U.S. pickup truck or don't want to run anything outside of Cup.

It ultimately depends on why the rule is in place. If it's in place to make automakers gain experience so their Cup efforts don't fail leading to them quitting the series after a year or two, NASCAR may not be flexible in that it's for their own long-term benefit to have committed partners (then again, being in CWTS didn't help Toyota much...though aligning with the terrible teams Toyota had in year one also hurt). If it's to inject some support to the struggling CWTS every now and then by forcing at least one automaker to fund trucks in hopes the other automakers will then respond by putting funding in CWTS, I could see it changing, because NASCAR's bound to lose one of the national series, be it NNS or CWTS, within the decade anyway and I think everyone, NASCAR included, knows that.