View Single Post
Old 29 Feb 2024, 18:18 (Ref:4198943)   #19
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I would've thought that teams running with the engines turned slightly down would give fairly representative data on cornering performance and overall balance without showing their hand, and while also conserving the engine, of course.

However, running certain fuel loads just to deceive seems highly improbable, as it would also give unrepresentative tyre wear data for everything they're trying to test, but I am not an engineer, so defer to anyone's superior knowledge on this.

Still, if there's a place to sandbag, Bahrain seems like a great place to find some and hide it in the sidepods.
I agree that they can turn down the engines and likely get a good enough understanding as to the car's performance. And as you say, this helps with engine longevity. I think they have four power units this season. They were trying to do three, but with the larger calendar it is four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Why is the race on a Saturday rather than a Sunday?
I think it has to do with minimum time between races. With the Saudi race also on Saturday next weekend. I guess the next question is why is the Saudi race on Saturday? (Edit Mike answered already)

Richard