View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2006, 15:12 (Ref:1763474)   #11
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never understood the general consumer attitude when things break. They instantly assume that it is entirely the manufacturers fault and that everything the manufacturer builds is junk. I've worked in a manufacturing plant and I can guarantee that it is impossible to have every product be perfect, no matter what the Japanese manufacturing companies try to make it look like. There is always going to be defective products. A lot of the defects are also not due to the manufacturer, but rather the supplier. I worked building microwaves and we got all of our assembly parts from outside suppliers. There is always the chance that a part may look good and function good when inspected, but in the field it will fail in a fairly short time.

I terms of lemon laws it is entirely possible to have several things go wrong depending on the luck of the draw. I don't think its fair to blame manufacturers entirely as it opens the flood gates for law suits and other problems. The next thing you know somebody will be suing Ford for putting gas in their diesel truck or something because a dealer representative wasn't there holding their hand. Granted I would be pretty angry if I got a defective vehicle, but then again I don't think I would ever buy a brand new car so its kind of a moot point anyway.

J.D.