View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3362496)   #261
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So excited for this season's WEC. With all the focus on Porsche vs. Audi, I fancy Toyota for a LM win by the way.

Media-wise, I hope the online streaming/RLM combo continues this season. The HD streaming is great and, as far as I am aware, worked flawlessly last season.

If I were to be super picky and request some improvements, they would be:

-iOS/Android app for live timing/news aggregation similar to the IMSA app (but better). I remember reading something last year that this was in the pipeline, any news?

-A "gap behind next car" section in on-screen timing and scoring. Stating that both 1st and 2nd in GTE Pro are 15 laps behind the lead P1 car tells me nothing other than the GT cars are less than 3 minutes apart. I'm not sure if this was included in online T&S last season - it would certainly improve the on-screen T&S.

-Full race replays uploaded to DailyMotion in the week after the event (I'd prefer YouTube for live streaming, but the French seem to love DM for some reason). There's been some sporadic coverage uploaded (replay of Bahrain quali and a few hours of Spa spring to mind). Not sure if there are copyright issues here with Eurosport though. IMO, the ability to watch race re-runs heightens the appeal of series no end - see what SRO do with the Blancpain Series or how ALMS handled it. Even TUSC have managed to get re-runs onto YouTube within a few days after Daytona.