View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3387628)   #44
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I think it is indeed "nefarious manipulation" that RBR is railing against.
Maybe they are, but I really am not sure. As much as I have given them (really Mateschitz) a hard time in the posts above, (maybe I am wrong as I haven't read every RBR press release, interview, etc.) but I don't think RBR is saying someone is out to get them. I think they are just saying that the entire fuel sensor situation is screwed up and is unacceptable.

When I used the phrase "nefarious manipulation", I meant it as whoever (FIA, stewards, etc.) that runs this entire show is abusing the system in hidden or underhanded ways to manipulate the results.

While occasionally regulations may be explicitly written to stop a given team, manufacture and/or technology (to many examples to list here), I personally don't think the fuel sensor regulations were purposefully written to create this problem and I don't think anyone is purposefully manipulating results in F1 today to satisfy private or public agendas.

Do I think something is wrong with the entire fuel sensor strategy as defined in the rules today? Yes. Do I think that some teams may perform better or worse due to some amount of randomness caused by sensor variability? Yes. Do I think there are a number of random factors that impact race results? Yes. Do I think the issues RBR bring up is being used to purposefully manipulate race results? No. Could they be used to manipulate the results? Yes (Along with a multitude of other ways that are not new).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Suggesting that RBR get sloppy, sit on their hands and allow themselves to get beaten in order to gain respect is just sad.
Not sure if that was directed at me, someone else, or just a general comment. I don't think anyone is suggesting RBR is sitting on their hands.

Richard