View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3390139)   #83
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I don't subscribe to the whole "Drivers take the risk of being in the car" thing!
I still think that Massa getting struck in the head by the spring dropped from the Brawn never received the attention it should have - talk about reckless endangerment!

However: If the wheel had come off James, I would have no argument that the penalty should have been incurred, but it did not!
So, and I'm going to bring in an analogy here....

If you try to kill someone, but fail, that's OK? "It's fine, I know he tried to cut your head off with a chainsaw, but he missed, so he's free to go"

Just because something didn't happen, doesn't mean the circumstance that might cause it can be ignored.

As for drivers in cars - in the pitlane, being in the car is the safest place....nicely wrapped in carbon fibre crash structure, surrounded by fire extinguishers, no free wheel is going to hit you. On the track, its another story, but that is what the drivers sign on the dotted line for.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.