View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2014, 13:29 (Ref:3390203)   #85
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
So, and I'm going to bring in an analogy here....

If you try to kill someone, but fail, that's OK? "It's fine, I know he tried to cut your head off with a chainsaw, but he missed, so he's free to go"

Just because something didn't happen, doesn't mean the circumstance that might cause it can be ignored.

As for drivers in cars - in the pitlane, being in the car is the safest place....nicely wrapped in carbon fibre crash structure, surrounded by fire extinguishers, no free wheel is going to hit you. On the track, its another story, but that is what the drivers sign on the dotted line for.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure the analogy here is quite right. This was an accident without consequences as opposed to an accident with consequences. It's a bit like the difference between a fatal or non-fatal RTA that was caused when you didn't see an oncoming car on exiting a junction. The penalty for one is far greater than for the other. Red Bull didn't mean to let him go, it was an accident, a mistake if you will. That's possibly the point wnut was trying to make.