View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2007, 03:15 (Ref:2093114)   #4
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkfan
i am going to taupo...this will be my first GP to attend !...really excited
i will be coming down just for the race !..

just wondering will we get a chance to go in to pits to meet the teams ?
nkfan where are you coming from?

Last year the you could only get access to the pit area if you had certain tickets for that area, I believe this is to change for the coming meeting and public to have access to support series pits

Last year all A1 pits had very restricted access (almost like F1 only scaled down a bit and no big rigs). Ticketek is saying "Access to the A1GP Paddock is included with all tickets" but I feel this would be what is classed as the pit walk (be sure to go Baah Baah as you heard you through like a flock of sheep)

Track info here

Quote:
“We’ve made it even easier for those fans to attend by simplifying the ticketing process and we’ve reconfigured some seating areas based on customer feedback. Not only will it be cheaper for our spectators, they’ll also enjoy better facilities and enhanced entertainment.”
Quote:
Parking on farm land directly beside Taupo Motorsport Park will now be free, transaction fees have been wiped and a larger Paddock Area dramatically enhanced.
Thanks Taupo for wiping the parking fees (they charged like wounded bulls last year, not sure what the bit in bold means. The paddock area is known as the pits the question is dose the wiping of the transaction fee mean you get access to said paddock area.

http://www.tauporacetrack.co.nz/news_detail.cfm?nid=49

Anyway hope that helps nkfan, if I was you I would check with ticketek just to be on the safe side

Shelagh, not sure about the marshals timetable but here is the Official Race schedule