View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1534907)   #32
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being a race marshal i got to see the first A1 from behind the armco (best seat in the house) and i have watched all the others on sky, whether that is live or recorded i don't care as long as i get to see it. The coverage is great, the commentary and studio review is good, (John Watson is slightly irritating at times)
My wife and I only really watch motor sport, and through out the season between sky sports 2 and 3, eurosport and Motors TV there is plenty to watch. Motors TV is amazing once the season has started covering all of the BTCC meets full day (including all the support races) Sky Sports covers loads of motor sport, also airs Max Power for a round up of all petrol head stuff. Euro sport covers pretty much all motorbike action, drag racing, random other racing like swamp, mud, monster truck....the list goes on
Is it worth £30 damn right it is. I could spend more than that hiring out DVD's to fill that time and not be a thrilled as watching all the overtaking, spinning, crashing action. Basically what i am saying is. If you really like your motorsport that much and it means that much to you make the sacrafice and takeyour hand out of your pocket. I think for an inaugarul season A1 have put on a fantastic performance, they have reached the masses and those circuits that didn't manage to pull in the crowds (portugal to mention one) will probably be subtited with places like Zandvort next year where there is always a huge crowd.