View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3332093)   #38
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Why not Garcon?

Looked to be really good to me, have not driven one though!
Have to admit I've not driven one yet, but a few people I know have, and I tend to trust what Evo magazine say (they're the only magazine I do trust, mind you, and I don't always blindly agree with them...).

The package sounds ideal. Lightweight, rear drive, a chassis designed for great handling, a ridiculously low centre of gravity. It's all there in theory.

But then you find out they put the standard car on Toyota Prius tyres to try and force the power over grip equation. And you look at the performance and realise that most 2 litre diesel rep mobiles are actually quicker.

Also, maybe I'm getting old but the interior seems a bit tacky and not terribly well put together ... but at the same time woefully old fashioned!

But the biggest problem is, if you start spending money on one to correct its woes and turn it into the car it should have been you very quickly head north of thirty grand (UK) - and that is BMW M135i territory, a car that destroys the Toybaru in every department.