Thread: Movies Senna Movie
View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2975227)   #183
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
Got the DVD for my birthday...didn't learn anything I didn't know about him already having followed his career since he was in Formula Ford. So I was a bit dissapointed by the total lack of his junior car racing in FF & F3, and it would have been nice to have seen more of his Kart Racing especially as he considered Terry Fullerton (1973 World Karting Champion, and senior teammate in the Italian factory DAP team) the best teammate he EVER raced against...Or did Senna only say that to pee off others in F1 especially Prost?
re lack of FF and F3, I suspect that was a conscious effort against "glazed over eyes" by viewers such as my wife, who wouldnt give a hoot about too many details that distracted from the more accesible "storyline" for a larger audience (just as the "Monaco" bit superseeded the not mentioned Donnington first lap-in my opinion)

your comment about the karting years, probably the same thing, but your idea of considering Fullerton the best teammate he ever raced against-- being a mindgame...interesting, very interesting. Who knows, could have been a bit of both being truthful and screwing with Prost.

cheers