Thread: Movies Senna Movie
View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2011, 07:35 (Ref:2975355)   #184
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes the movie was definitely aimed at the broader or less informed audience rather than the likes of us. Unfortunate to a degree but there are many docos over the years (especially Brasilian/Portuguese ones ) that delve into his earlier career. There's one that even has footage of Ayrton at home during the '91 off season, racing karts with all his mates & handing out Tag watches to the winners......even the kids got them!

But to put all that in the movie would detract from the story based structure & it was this formula that has grabbed the attention of all that are new to the Ayrton Senna experience. I could see that through their eyes, the movie would be totally mind blowing, almost unbelievable when it came to Suzuka's roll 3 years running. Hollywood couldn't have scripted it better.

I wish there was a memory erasing pill that lasted 24 hours (other than alcohol!) so I could watch the Movie 'for the first time'.......No wonder it's created a new wave of younger Senna fans!

Regarding Terry Fullarton, I believe Ayrton was being completely honest as Terry was the only driver he never totally got the better of.....& to Senna, that would be a huge deal! Add to the fact that the World Karting Championship was the only title he tried for but never achieved.