Thread: Movies Senna Movie
View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2976282)   #189
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Personally I don't think it would have made any difference. Provided he was in a competitive car I firmly believe he would have blown Hamilton and Vettel into the weeds..... (but then I'm biased....)
In that case, so am I!

Getting back to the film, I've seen the extended Blu-Ray version and think it is better for the likes of us, if you like, but the film was right for a wider audience. The longer version has more interviews with the likes of Ron Dennis, Alain Prost (too much) Richard Williams who did the narration and a couple of journalists, one American and one Brazilian.

A couple of things struck me. The first was when Ayrton signed for Williams he didn't know that the FIA was about to ban all the technical wizardry that made the car so dominant in '92 and '93.

Secondly, at the time of Imola he was trying not just to improve the car; he was still trying to form a decent relationship with the team. There was no sign that they were close. At Aida, when Senna first became convinced that Schumacher's Benetton (and his alone) had traction control, he asked the team to protest, but they refused.