Thread: Movies Senna Movie
View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2011, 20:28 (Ref:2977369)   #194
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I guess my opinion of racer is slightly different from yours Ayes.

I call a racer someone you as a fair man can race against.

I dont call Senna fair, he was marginally dirty and ushered in a whole new era of forceful contact style driving.

His will to win was able to overpower his common sense and survival instinct in a way that a Clark, Hill, Fangio, Moss, Stewart, never could have done.

And for that Alain will always be more of a man on the racetracks, not at all off the track as Ayrton was the consumate pro and gentleman. Just not on the track.
It's not an area I propose to debate, not because I don't want to go there, but it's been aired so many times in the past. To me, a racer is a driver who wants to be fastest on every lap - every lap of testing, qualifying and in the race. A driver who wants to win every race and for whom settling for second is rarely, if ever an option. It was that in Senna which attracted me to him from the outset. The will to win. Give me a man who has the spirit and desire to fight to be the best rather than accept the points for third place. I'll always support the man who will always fight for the next place up as oppose to the man who will settle for what he's got...

Last edited by Aysedasi; 26 Oct 2011 at 20:34.