View Single Post
Old 14 May 2004, 19:26 (Ref:971199)   #23
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Monza spectators

Quote:
Originally posted by auntie j
I was told at the Monza race that there were 3000 spectators, official figure, which is usually inflated by the circuits. The weather had been unsettled with occasional heavy rain, which did not help ... the race TV coverage looked very good.

Is that "Three-Thousand?"

or was a zero left out of it? and it should have read "30,000???"

3,000 people?????

To see the Opening Race of the new European Sportscar Series?

With a field like they had there for that event???

Rain or no rain, you've got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Yeah, I know that the Spanish GP in F-1 was on at the same time....but it's not like the entire planet didn't know who was going to win the F-1 race at Barcelona...

How many fans did the FIA-SCC draw at Monza last summer??

They only had 15 0r 16 cars there for that one...this field was triple the size with the Audis, etc...

If that figure is correct that is pathetic....

Local dirt car tracks with amateur teams racing on the grids draw crowds like that here in the States...

If the crowd numbers don't go up at Monza in future years, I hope the ACO pulls the event from them and gives the opener to a city or a country that will give the LMES the support it deserves!!!!

The Italian racing fans should be ashamed of themselves.....other places would have LOVED to have hosted that Season-Opening event...

One American Open Wheel Series!