View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3375336)   #149
Hamness
Racer

Wales
Hamness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

As a humble speccie, just starting my 55th year trackside, I was delighted to read that this meeting had been opened up to allow "other" spectators as I was more than willing to pay the admission price to see the cars that are going to be competing. But, after reading some of the comments on their Facebook page, I have decided not to attend. Indeed some of the comments on there are pathetic and demeaning. Horror of horrors, there may be people there "sat in folding chairs all day". I have some (not a lot) sympathy for those who bought tickets at the outset expecting it to be an exclusive weekend but are now upset at having to mix with other humans, but seems they would have preferred the whole event to be binned. Now enquiring about refunds ! As stated earlier, if members had taken up the option for guests, 75% of of the crowd could have in theory been non-members. Presumably they would have been instructed not to bring a folding chair. For all those going, I sincerely hope it's a great weekend but I for one will be spending my money at a different event, where they might, I say might, be even pleased that I have bothered to attend.