View Single Post
Old 1 May 2016, 17:52 (Ref:3637582)   #10343
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That's a weak argument. My point is that little Mazda should be a slap in the face to Audi's weight excuse since that production based engine weighs about the same as a petrol engine. There's nothing stopping Audi from researching a small 4-cylinder disel. VW runs a bunch of those on the street, so there's plenty of relevance.

I would say the Mazda argument it's weak. As a fellow member here said once, the topic is LMP1, not production cars

I think the argument here is very simple. The superior efficiency of the diesel is compensated for, but not so much the higher weight of the diesel. It's an unbalanced situation. It has resulted in the three hybrid cars and technologies being pretty well matched sometimes, as others have said. But that's at Audi's expense, who are facing an uphill battle.

I'm not sure how Audi have "had their way" for years and how it would apply to the current situation.