View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:49 (Ref:2857424)   #17
monzagorrilla
Rookie

Barbados
somewhere warm
monzagorrilla should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On my to do list
I am sure i have either asked that question or had half the info in a response on other matters I will dig out the old replies before I ask him some more direct questions
I am always intrigued by the entries of 21/23 or 26/31 cars etc
I have always presumed the cars are really the older model car with the later update body kit which is often just a 2 minute body swap over to make the car look like a newer model but i now ownder if owners went a stage further and ordered new wishbones or parrallel links etc to update the suspension spec

Around the factory may have offered updates mods for tyre sizes or branding used on cars in different countries when some one ordered a new model tail section for the older car
As we know the B19 21 23 are spaceframe cars but the 26 model was the first alloy monocoque but i think it was not a fill monocoque in having front end rear end space frame for suspension ( i await any corrections) and the B31 36 cars where the full monocoque chassis cars
We also have to consider that in period these mods or new chassis designs where on going developments looking for half to 1/2 second a lap gains that are required to generate car sales each season as well as bring in new customers and the laurels