View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3324826)   #64
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Maybe I missed something but I don't remember seeing anything from Ferrari to the effect that Kimi and Alonso would be equal number one next year ? Given that Alonso's and Massa's current positions in the team would have been contractual when they last renewed, all the evidence would seem to indicate that Kimi has gone in as [a well paid] number 2.
We've no evidence of what's in Alonso's or Massa's contract. I doubt that any F1 contract specifies whether or not a driver is #1 or #2. I would imagine that a lot of contracts say that the driver must follow team orders, tactics and policies, which during the Alonso/Massa era may mean the team is favouring Alonso for the drivers championship. Policies/orders etc. change with time depending on the circumstances. I've no doubt that if one of the two drivers gets a great start next year and is contending for the championship, team orders will kick in quickly. Nobody is bigger than the team at Ferrari. [the fact that Alonso had no say in his new team mate and would prefer if Kimi wasnt there proves that Alonso has less influence on these matters than in many other teams].