View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2014, 15:11 (Ref:3359684)   #54
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakedisc View Post
"Brakedisc, it's hilarious that people might describe an F3 driver as a "pay driver." "

Indeed, because as we all know too well it is daddy who pays and this is the problem. If you do not have the funds you are going nowhere.

Years ago small teams could build an F3 car for reasonable money and each of these teams needed the best driver they could get. What do we have now? Mini F1 with 2 manufacturers. Cheque book motor racing.
Too true I'm afraid! But I don't think motorsport is ever going to return to what it was in the 60's, 70's and even to some extent the 80's in the same way that football and other sports which are all commercially driven now won't either.

We know only too well that talent and hard work are not enough. Without money and or the right connections it is incredibly difficult to make your way in this sport. But that said no one is forcing is to put ourselves through this. We can walk away anytime we like but for now we choose not to.

British F3 has a great heritage behind it. Lets see what this season brings. I hope it is good and not just the last vestigas of a once great championship limping on into oblivion.

In the unlikely case that there are any team principles reading this that have a bit of funding and want to put a proven and hungry driver in one of their cars then you know where to find us!

Dominic Malvern

Last edited by FFfan; 26 Jan 2014 at 15:12. Reason: missed words