View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2002, 21:16 (Ref:371600)   #54
Grahambangers
Rookie

Grahambangers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

As usual it was raining at croft. It was raining so hard the race was red flagged. As the red was picked up a dutch BMW stopped at my girlfiends post...having first tried to drive through it. My girlfriend and her colleague attend with their usual swift pace having first cried out oh my god they have hit my post again.(In her first 8 meets as a marshal she has had the rescue unit 4 times and her post struck 5 times....Jonah may be an appropriate word)

The driver is soon rescued with the words "Are you ok?" and her colleague "is the elctrics off?"..the car was still running at the time but did have the handbrake. So they retire to the safety of the post driver limping...."Are you sure you are ok? your limping!"
"da I always walk like dis"...My dutch accent doesn't come across when I type...

By which time the observer has called the rescue unit....
Those fearless devils came screaming around the circuit, yanked open the side door and bodily grab the driver....
he started to protest " I always walk like dis, I stay with the car...I am ok"...

for always walking like dis...he got a free trip to the medical centre in a rush...(FIB body snatch style)

and to top it all, the next day she still asked the rescue unit chief..."Can I join the unit next year?" even after asking "so how is the driver who always walks like dat?"