View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3012016)   #1457
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
By coincidence I have just watched it. I was also especially interested in what he had to say about how the BBC reacted when they lost F1 to ITV. Contrast that with what ITV did when they lost it back to the BBC.

The thing you have to realise about Rider is that he's very professional and very, very clever. Certainly not above creating a little mischief here and there, e.g the suggestion that Adrian Chiles will take over the TOCA commentary from Ben Edwards. He's managed to create a nice little position for himself, keeping the TOCA connection but also aligning himself with Sky with a plum job interviewing past F1 stars. If he's right and Sky does eventually take over F1 completely, he's craftily established to be ready to be a bigger part of that.
I've always had a huge amount of respect for Steve Rider. Arguably, he's the very best at what he does. He's as smooth as silk, as sharp as a knife but yet still manages to make everyone feel at ease. He makes 'Jake the Peg' look like a third leg