View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3012238)   #1473
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The BBC do a good job operationally and when in the field but I'm used to the bigshots of the BBC behaving like moody children and mucking it up from there. The question outstanding for me is why that Ch4 contract wasn't taken up.
Well there are two serious questions to be asked of the BBC :

o Why did they pay top dollar for the rights in the first place ? At the time, it came as quite a shock to everyone that they had significantly outbid ITV. As it transpired, they were unable to afford what they had committed to over the contract term.

o As you say, if the BBC's objective during this 'renegotiation' was to keep F1 on terrestrial TV, why was the C4 deal dismissed. Was the BBC's real objective to keep some F1 races in order not to loose face ?

What irks me so much about all of this is that the overpaid and over-resourced BBC management are using public funds to do all the above and [from what I can see so far] are answerable to nobody.