Thread: Autosport Show
View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2002, 16:30 (Ref:449138)   #17
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recently bought this up with Autosport through the email contact address and got the following reply from Haymarket Publishing.

//Ian

It is correct that a trade pass plus a Live Action Arena ticket is £30. However the Thursday and Friday of the show are trade only days. Only people in the motorsport trade will be at the show on these days. Also the Autosport Engineering part of the show is only open on the trade days. The Engineering section is a very interesting part of the show and is a very good reason for paying the higher trade price.

Tickets for members of the public are for entrance on the Saturday and Sunday only when it will be a lot busier and the Engineering show has finished.

We have a strict registration process which ensures that members of the public may not enter on the trade days and that the trade visitors can enjoy the trade show without the crowds.

I hope this has helped to explain the difference between trade passes and public tickets. If you have any more questions please contact me.

Kind Regards

Lucy
Show Marketing//

The reason I put my 2 posts in was to find out if I was going through the wrong channels, but it does appear to be a rip off unless you hold an engineering degree.

This to me is another case of volunteering our time and energies for a sport we love for free, yet the one big exhibition of our sport ignores us.

As Steve says does anyone have any contacts who can rectify this? I know one answer is to join the BRSCC but that's a different agrument.