Thread: Autosport Show
View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2002, 00:11 (Ref:451513)   #20
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As promised here is the answer from Autosport International. I think I'll go on the public days as trade is obviously aimed at trade. Why pay 30% more for very little extra.

Any comments??

//Dear Ian,
Thank you for your e-mail regarding the pricing policy for trade days at Autosport International.

In 1997, we decided to make the show two days trade and two days public. To begin with the trade visitors, MSA and BRSCC were allowed to enter the show free of charge before it was noticed that the public were gate-crashing on the trade days when they realised they could get in for free. Apart from the obvious fiscal set-back, this had the detrimental effect of delivering a very impure audience on our trade days when exhibiting companies were expecting to meet genuine industry visitors whose business is largely connected with motorsport.

To differentiate between public and trade/MSA we now charge £20 for trade entry and £14 for the public days. While I understand your concern at being asked to pay a higher price, we believe our pricing structure offers several benefits for both exhibiting companies and you as a serious industry visitor. Firstly, it ensures a greater purity of industry visitor on our designated trade days by discouraging the public, who, in the motorsport industry, are well known for pretending to be business connected. This means that exhibiting companies can meet trade visitors without being distracted and that as a industry visitor, you get to see more companies you need to talk to and hopefully, have more meaningful conversations, again without being distracted by hordes of public visitors.

Secondly, charging a higher price on the trade days enables us to provide extra facilities on the trade days which are designer to make doing business at the show easier. These include fast track entry using electronic swipe card technology, a complimentary business lounge with phone fax and computer facilities, translation services, catering and various other features designed to deliver a high-quality environment for meeting clients or for individuals to work.

Although it appears that BRSCC members attend the show free, the BRSCC pay for each member that comes along to the show. We do not have a similar agreement with the MSA I am afraid.

I understand that pricing is always a sensitive issue, however I hope you will appreciate we are making every effort to create a more business-like environment that will directly benefit exhibiting companies and industry visitors alike on our trade days. However it would be cheaper on the public days.

Nolan O'Connor
Autosport International - Marketing //