View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2006, 22:36 (Ref:1567237)   #28
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
Negative stories tend to get told pretty quickly, but I think positive ones deserve to be told as well.

I have booked my Shanghai race ticket on the official web site, but on the first two attempts got an error message rather than a confirmation. Assuming that the transactions had not gone through I tried a third time and succeeded.

Before I even noticed anything amiss, the A1GP ticket office emailed me, to check whether the three transactions were what I wanted. Pretty rare I think to get this kind of proactive communication. Upon replying that in fact they were not, the next day I got a note back apologising for any difficulties with the web site and that two of the transactions would be credited back.

Makes a pleasant change to get this positive and proactive service, if this is how A1 treats it's customers then it really deserves to succeed.

BTW - I think the problem was with my credit card not with the web site, so they were not to blame in the first place.

Sorry if this post is getting a bit off topic, but I think it reflects very positively on the behind the scenes operation of A1GP. To have this kind of efficiency in the first season suggests there are a lot of things they are doing right.
(Even more off topic)

I agree. From my experience from Brands when the series had just started, I got a distinct impression that the organisers care for the spectators and want to make sure that we have a good time. The whole weekend was IMO a big spectacle with good racing and good presentation, just what is needed for something like this.

Its more than I could say for another certain single seater championship, despite my love and devotion to it.