View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3432472)   #7320
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I said that all 3 chassis surely have the same suspensions layout because 2 main reasons: all DP use the same tyres and all corvette DP have the same 5.5 V8 stressed member.
Anyway DP chassis are terribly old... basicly are steel tubes joint togheter, surely none is better than the other, but as I said, I saw some structural differences between coyote and riley chassis (I'm looking for pics to confirm that). At example this year (at least for daytona, I didn't watch all the races) the WTR (dallara) and gainsco (riley) corvette DP have side exhausts, while ARX not... maybe dallara and riley chassis let to use a different exhausts layout that coyote chassis can't (I must to admit that also SoD has side exhausts, but sincerly I don't know if the team uses still the coyote chassis after the daytona test flying-crash).
About engines, I don't know if there is a development freeze during the season (like f1 ) but is true that only a NA very large or mid displacement twin turbo engine can be used in a DP to be competitive!
actually I suggest that
GM 5.5 has a >600Nm torque peak with a max power output in the range of 540-550hp around 7000rpm (bop max revlimit is 7450rpm)
ford ecoboost surely has >700Nm torque, maybe some hp less than GM engine with a redline around 6000rpm

458 GTE engine, or the old bmw-dinan simply can't reach these torque curves.

I just hope that starting from 2016, DP cars will be built using lmp2 style close monocoques... sincerly is a shame that in 2014 a '93 honda accord has better safety standars than a racing prototype...