Thread: BTCC Capris
View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2004, 16:34 (Ref:948037)   #12
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by vaughan jones
i seem to think when i raced in mod saloons in the 80,s brian chatfield had a capri,i am certain that it was a proper btcc car, either spice/allam,when it stopped winning he came out in a rover. in fact their where quite a lot of capris in modsaloon chatfields might not have been the onlyone,also some appeared in the early days of thundersaloons
As I recall, Brian Chatfield had more than one Capri- he did the occasional BTCC round around 1984/5 with them, so they were presumably still in BTCC spec (although I seem to recall hearing of him having a couple of run-ins with the scrutineers at BTCC meetings...), I definitely remember the Rover though- it was an ex-ETCC TWR/Bastos car- he ran it in mod saloons and Thundersaloons around 1987/8, still in the basic red/white Bastos livery, but without the signwriting- I must have photos of it somewhere....

Thinking about it, there can't be many varieties of touring car he hasn't had at some point!

Last edited by KA; 22 Apr 2004 at 16:35.