View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2011, 06:24 (Ref:2870381)   #1331
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Cool Info. The suspension bits intrigue me. I'm no expert in any of these fields, but are these suspensions anything like F1 cars? If so do you think any team would benefit from a pull-rod type suspension in the rear? If it's even possible? Sorry if OT.
i dont know too much about it but i think teams in endurance racing stray from the pullrod rear because of accessiblity issues. If you had a little suspension issue youd have to practically remove the floor of the car to get to the rockers etc... with push rod eveything is accesisble. From an endurance standpoint it makes for a much quicker fix in case of an issue. In sprint racing like f1. Suspension issues in F1 cars are never repaired during races so timeliness doesnt matter.

i believe redbull does the pull rod thing for aerodynamic reasons. newey keeps mentioning in articles that the car has a high rake meaning the car is basically angled downward with the rear being higher(this may be as a result of the requirements of pullrod suspension). This obviously working for them since theyre front wings automatically dip towards the ground even if they dont flex