View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2011, 00:40 (Ref:2893991)   #193
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Thats great news on the other manufacturers coming on board

That certainly puts ST one up on SC.

Driver lists are looking impressive too, even tho we are still 8 months out.

Manufacturers coming on board? As in Ford, Holden, BMW and Toyota NZ supporting the class with body parts and wanting to be involved? I struggle to see it, Holden probably (at least the engine is a GM product) Ford probably not,(maybe will sell the body panels but can't see them wanting to be involved) Toyota really? and BMW will be probably calling in their army of lawyers if someone trys to put a BMW badge on one of these things

Sounds to me more like some private entrants wanting to build something a bit different for exposure, and thinking of using a different bodyshell. Which begs the question, who will pay for the one off development cost of say a 5 series Bimmer bodyshell with aero kit?

Don't get me wrong, I am sure this class will be a huge success, but there seems to be a LOT of spin here by Mr NZSTFAN. Okay granted you are not Mark Petch as I first suggested (as least he had the balls to use his own name) but despite your early protestations at being "just a fan" you are obviously someone close to the series with a barrow to push.

Conrad Timms (very casual observer without a barrow)

Last edited by brown dog; 9 Jun 2011 at 00:49.