View Single Post
Old 10 May 2003, 22:23 (Ref:595742)   #86
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fish_Flake
I want to get it out in the open that I think Indycar racing should be American with an international flavor, not the other way around. I have no problem if a down-and-out European racer comes here to give his career a second chance, like Alex Zanardi did. And there is no reason why a Formula 3000 champion shouldn't secure a CART ride if his only alternative is to wander around Europe looking for rides that aren't there, as was the case for Montoya, Junqueira, and Bourdais. But, every seat in the series shouldn't be filled by foreigners with rich daddies who have no intentions of staying around, like how much of this year's CART and IRL fields are.
Amen, my feelings exactly!

Quote:
How do you plan to do that during the winter? An inaugural race at Fontana during the 500 weekend, followed by Willow Springs, Las Vegas, and Phoenix, followed by a Christmas vacation, then a move to Florida, racing at Homestead, Sebring, then Homestead again, with maybe a finale at St. Pete's? That's genius!
It's good! It'd take a lot of fine negotiation to decided which races would be on the Indycar World Series, and which would be on the Winter Series... But between Mexico and the southern US, we've got more than enough venues to put together a great schedule, and like I said, no competition! We might even gain some NASCAR converts that way.