View Single Post
Old 31 May 2003, 14:09 (Ref:615824)   #95
3state
Racer

3state should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A united series may be a good idea but at this present stage it is untenable, and even then it is unlikely that the combined series would survive. Besides, the two series have diverged so much that there is very little common ground nowadays. This is probably why, other than a handful like rush1 (hey rush ) continue with th flame wars between the two series.

What i would like to see is the two series cooperate and have friendly relations, realising that they draw on the same pool of talent for racers, teams, engineers, etc. Maybe we could have quest appearances from IRL teams at Champcar races and visa versa, kind of a good will gesture. A combined marketing initiative to attract supporters to both series and attract sponsors (the two major factors impacting on the survival and success of both series). Set up promotions to provide special offers for those purshasing a ticket for a CART or an IRL face to get a discounted rate to a ticket at a race for the other series. So, if a CART fan attends a CART race, their ticket makes then eligible for a discount at any IRL race and visa versa. This way the series not only fosters goodwill with the fans but creates a larger pool of supporters which may well almost rival NASCAR. True racing fans like racing. I know I watch CART,F1,WRC, and the occasional tourer. It needn't be an either/or situation if relations are good between the two series. I'd be willing to watch more IRL races if relations were better...Sponsors would be happier too...

It's time for the war to end...although I'm a Cart fan, I'm tired of the one-eyed fans on both sides...give it up guys.