View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2004, 23:08 (Ref:1005398)   #19
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
"In the mid 80s competition cars, whether it was turbo F1, IMSA GTP/Group C, Group B rally reached a limit were they were too fast too race."

This "too fast" mantra is at best annoying. The trouble is people who have never raced and should not be running the show are.
Cars have brakes, use of them is a skill racing drivers have mastered. If some does not belong in racing, he will be weeded out quickly, usually by his own intelligent decision.

"Look how hard an R8 can be pushed for 24 hours."
I hope so, look how hard a MK IV Ford and a Lola GT were pushed for 24 hours and they only had 2 drivers, each, it didn't take a fist full of drivers to get the job done.
If the cars are REALLY "too fast" then ban racing, this contrived BS is not racing, it is more like slot cars, where some one else besides the driver is in control of how fast one goes.

A show about racing said the "devil may care attitude" has been replaced by safety.
A certain amount of consideration for safety, has always been taken into account. The day the racing was no longer the first concern and safety something that merely had to be addressed, was the day, racing lost it heart and soul. It has been replaced by greed, fascists and fascist wannabes.

I want to see, especially in mod. GTs, just hoe hard and fast a car design can be pushed; that shows how talented drivers are. If someone is not qualified to be a driver, it will be found out very quickly.
I am tired of seeing how slowmobiles, because some little Hiltler likes to pull strings.
Bob

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 15 Jun 2004 at 23:12.