View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2014, 02:16 (Ref:3471418)   #425
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The two-class, GT1/GT2 format of the previous FIA GT worked better at Adria than a striaght GT3 race would. Also, technically, Adria is below the required length, since it's less than 3.0-km to the lap.

In addition, if the draw is largely the novelty of a race into darkness, the appeal for me certainly is only going to last for so long.

As for Misano, I think passing into Turns 1 and 7 will be reasonably possible. The profile of the entry into Turn 8, and those kinks on the approach to Turn 12, will make passing at either of those locations rather difficult. For the cars at least, it would have been better if Misano had remained anti-clockwise in running direction.

We'll see how Misano goes, I guess, but if they were looking for a slightly less mainstream Italian circuit, I might have gone with Vallelunga.