View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2969179)   #28
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this first season was a great success for BES. From the word go, the grid was good and not only in quantity but quality as well. It didn't get much media attention but I heard only positive things from the teams and drivers. Obviously Spa 24h was the main even with the biggest grid, but all the 3h races were pretty good as well.

There was clearly need for another international GT3 series as many teams chose two race in two championships, which makes sense if each series has 5-8 weekends only.

I was pretty impressed by the racing it offered. Although it is an endurance series, there were quite a few fierce battles but not bumper car racing in GT1 style.

I was also impressed by the quality of teams and drivers and the mix of cars battling for wins. Yes, it's still GT3, but with lot of top-line drivers and the best teams Europe can offer.

In my opinion, the BoP was done much better by the Blancpain officials than FIA GT3.

I have to say that I'm not sure about GT4s either. Those few cars hovering around were more annoying than anything else. Either they should have at least 10 cars in the class and some decent battles or let the GT3 cars race without these moving chicanes. We don't need them to add more classes - we already have the Pro Cup, Pro-Am Cup and Gentleman Trophy for that.