Old 14 Nov 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2985993)   #677
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
are you sure the NZV8 CoTF didn't have a Quaife 6 Speed? engine-wise.. i think they were using a carb engine as they were sure if a LS7 would last if too many LS7sdon't let go.. they may find their way into the VE CoTF

Not in the demo laps at puke they didn't...the in car footage shown on TV clearly shows a lumpy 4 spd box.....not the Quaife as promised. Also the shots under the hood on the skysport motorsport programme with Clint clearly showed the old engine

Thats actually quite funny for you Promax with the J-dub thing, something you wrote actually made me laugh with you (not at you)...which is unusual.

It has also been mentioned many times before (and Greg Murphy was one of them) that the ST is as quick, if not quicker than a V8SC. Obviously they cannot race them side by side, so yes to a point, this is subjective. But when the CEO of ST's states on TV3 yesterday that they are quicker, i would tend to believe him as well, especially in front of a national audience. But we'll see, i know where i think the truth is.

And btw there is no point dragging out old pictures of GT1 cars etc etc. They are not related in anyway to a properly run, innovative, forward thinking class.