View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2586010)   #2
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read all this last night, and it left me feeling a little duped.

Ganassi and Penske get TEAM money, right? They both have enough money to pay engineering staffs and finance research facilities to maintain 7 year old spec cars, while hundreds of mechanics are out of work because the little teams can't afford to race.

So Bowlby is making six figures on a team that has an eight figure annual operating budget, and he wants to get paid by IRL to draw a concept car. Oh, OK. And a Series that is afraid to introduce any regulation changes because of the economic impact is instead going to do a total redesign, requiring a complete refitting by all teams and rendering their existing investment obsolete. Yeah, I get that too.

In the meantime, fans get most of their news from one guy who writes whatever the key players tell him to write. No wonder it's hard to figure out what is going on with IndyCar.

On one hand, we might not be watching 20 old tubs racing run their first race of the season because the funding couldn't be generated. On the other, there will be a fleet of shiny new lunar rovers on the grid in two years.

I suppose the truth lies somewhere in between the two extremes. Or there isn't any truth coming from these people at all.

Last edited by JagtechOhio; 20 Nov 2009 at 20:00.